What is Halal?
Halal Chicken isn’t only for our religious customers. Halal is, in essence, a set of practices that by nature, ensures the animal has the best life possible before and during processing. Unlike our competitors, Great Lakes individually blesses and hand processes each chicken.
Our Zabiha Halal Standards:
- Animals and their by-products are not incorporated in any of our process handling or feeding
- We hand slaughter without the use of stunning
- Our animals are processed one chicken (or animal) at a time with a blessing of Islam
- Carnivorous animals, birds of prey and land animals without external ears are omitted
Why Choose Great Lakes Poultry?
- Raised Antibiotic Free
- 100% Vegetarian Feed
- Raised in The USA (IN)
- Cage-Free Roaming
- No preservatives
- Individually Hand Slaughtering